Wednesday 2 September 2009

Conversation over Dinner

My Dinner with Andre

This is one of my favorite films. A conversation between two men in a restaurant, it can take you places and, indulge me, gives you a lot of food for thought. I was searching for it for a long time and finally ran across it earlier this year. It has since been released on DVD and can be found for sale on Amazon, but it is also still available here on YouTube. A bit of information can be found here on the Internet Movie Database. A transcript (script?) of the movie can be found here. My opinion: worth seeing again and again.

Other resources about the movie:
A review by Roger Ebert.
A New York Times article.
A review on TMC.
A review on Film.com.
A synopsis and discussion questions on Philosophical Films.

No comments: